Is it okay for a total GoDot noob (like me) to offer help in here, just to be able to learn it?

I have decent skillz for art and sound though. Nothing pro-level, just high-average (I think)

Best Answers

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,846
    Accepted Answer

I see no reason why it wouldn’t be allowed. I’d say, if you want to, go for it and see what happens! :smile:

(Side note: Welcome to the forums!)

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,763
    Accepted Answer

Absolutely, though I don't think producing art assets for others is the best way to learn godot. However if you are looking to improve your art skills then in that case it makes perfectly good sense.

Answers

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 2,846Admin
    Accepted Answer

I see no reason why it wouldn’t be allowed. I’d say, if you want to, go for it and see what happens! :smile:

(Side note: Welcome to the forums!)

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 2,763Admin
    Accepted Answer

Absolutely, though I don't think producing art assets for others is the best way to learn godot. However if you are looking to improve your art skills then in that case it makes perfectly good sense.

• phanjamphanjam Posts: 3Member
    edited February 2019

Thanks very much @TwistedTwigleg and @Megalomaniak

Megalomaniak i get your point about working on art not being a good way to learn GoDot. I was thinking of an exchange of some kind - i'll do art for someone if they'll teach me GoDot - but I see that may not work since "teaching GoDot" isn't what members are here to do :P

Oh well, i'll just do as you suggest TwistedTwigleg and just see what happens ;)

• BlackVeilBlackVeil Posts: 8Member

pm me man, we can make something happen

• jbrooks79jbrooks79 Posts: 2,241Premoderated
    edited March 1

Hey man, I can't Godot very well, but I made this in Visual Script, I have videos on my youtube channel, tutorials, no code, just a little patience, drag-n-drop . .

For a beginner, learning code can be tough, for me as a more artist type guy, I am learning it slowly this way, when I understand what the boxes do, and can do basic things, I will move over to code, maybe in 3 - 4 months time, I hope less . . .

There's also this tutorial series, about Visual Scripting, it's for Godot 3.1, but is the best, on the internet . .

That's a really good place for a beginner to get in, all the experienced users say you have to learn coding, if you want to really use the engine, but for making your first level, or the prototype ( low-graphics version, of a game, early test ) you can do much, in visual scripting, no code . . <3 ;)

In Visual Scripting you connect boxes, don't need to learn advanced words, and so on, and you can find tutorials for making most stuff, the Space Shark series is for 2D games, but you will learn a lot of things that can be used in 3D . . If you follow the tutorial, it's nice to have a little 2D game, of your own, to make as he makes his, I wanted to make 3D, but I didn't know the correct 3D words . . For learning Godot, turn your idea into a 2D game, make some simple sprites, pictures, and get working . .

Here's my channel, if you have questions, you can ask them here, or on my channel, I can make a few tutorials for you, if you need . .

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV2Q9j-C312WxDwcZr7iEZA <3

• jbrooks79jbrooks79 Posts: 2,241Premoderated

Happy Godoting . . .