get_pixel issue

BigDCBigDC Posts: 17Member

I use Godot 3.0.6 on Windows 10 64., I am creating a game similar to "Risk" or "Diplomacy" or "Civillian 3", you click on a territory of land to select it. I use a flood filled map of colors with each territory being a different color, I then use get_pixel to get the color of where I clicked and compare it to data stored in a json file to get the right territory. Ok, now here is the problem, get_pixel returns a color very similar to what is on the map but it is not exact. My game relies 100% on it being exact. The issue has been discussed and fixed for Godot 3.1 see the issue here https://github.com/godotengine/godot/issues/19652 I know it works in 3.1 because I created a duplicate of my project and tried the duplicate in a nightly build of 3.1 and the issue is fixed, it works. But it is not been done for Godot 3.0.6 so what can I do or what should I do? What would you do it it were you?

Best Answer

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 1,671
    Accepted Answer

Show your interest and request the fix be back-ported? Migrate the project to 3.1 if it's released first?

Answers

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 1,671Admin
    Accepted Answer

Show your interest and request the fix be back-ported? Migrate the project to 3.1 if it's released first?