Map adjustments and zooming

whtemple1959whtemple1959 Posts: 7Member
edited November 2018 in Projects

Hello,
I am a very new noob.
I have started a project which can be found here ... https://gitlab.com/whtemple1959/godot_ultimateott
To establish my foundation plane and bump map I followed ....
To establish my textures based on a splat map I followed ....
Here is a photo of the project ....

It appears to me that both were successful.
Although in GIMP the bump map and the splat map align perfectly, for some reason when I imported them one of them seems to have gotten off center.
First question is how can I align the splat map with the bump map?
I do not seem to be able to zoom in and out, either in the Godot preview screen or in the exported Linux executable.
Second question is what did I do wrong or leave out which is preventing a zoom function?
All advice will be greatly appreciated
Thanks,
Bill

Best Answer

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 1,506
    Accepted Answer

Assuming that is a rendered output from godot it looks like your bump map might be too heavily compressed, but texture coordinates/alignment seems fine to me.

What file format did you use to save the bump map and what texture import settings might you be using?

For the zoom/navigation you will have to implement a player-controller/game logic. Seems to me you likely have none right now? That should only affect the exported game as well as launching from within godot, but not the editor viewport.

Answers

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 1,506Admin
    Accepted Answer

Assuming that is a rendered output from godot it looks like your bump map might be too heavily compressed, but texture coordinates/alignment seems fine to me.

What file format did you use to save the bump map and what texture import settings might you be using?

For the zoom/navigation you will have to implement a player-controller/game logic. Seems to me you likely have none right now? That should only affect the exported game as well as launching from within godot, but not the editor viewport.

• whtemple1959whtemple1959 Posts: 7Member

Megalomaniak,
    Thank you for your interest and guidance.
    Since I am new I used all default setting.
    I imported a png file.
    Let me go back and fiddle around with the import settings and teach myself about player-controller/game logic.
    Stay tuned
    Bill