code in c++

gelgavishgelgavish Posts: 12Member

Hi.. just learned C ++ and I want to program with it on Godot, I don't really know how to do it ... I would love if someone could say how to do it (i already have visual studio 2017 installed) , besides that, how can i lean the godot syntax?

Tags :

Best Answer

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 1,943
    Accepted Answer

Have you checked out the GDNative C++ example page on the documentation? I think it shows you how to get started using GDNative and C++ together with Godot.

If you are looking to make games with C++, unfortunately there is not a lot out there on how to go about it. The only resources I found on it was on a Godot QA question:

(Re-posting from this topic)

The answer from this Godot QA question has some links that may help you learn how to make a game with C++ in Godot.

There is also this page from the documentation on making custom modules in C++ If you want to add/extend the Godot engine itself.

As for the syntax, I do not really know. From what I remember, most of the functionality is exactly the same as it is in GDScript.

Unfortunately I do not really know of any other C++ resources than the ones I have added.
    Hopefully this helps :smile:

Answers

• TwistedTwiglegTwistedTwigleg Posts: 1,943Admin
    Accepted Answer

Have you checked out the GDNative C++ example page on the documentation? I think it shows you how to get started using GDNative and C++ together with Godot.

If you are looking to make games with C++, unfortunately there is not a lot out there on how to go about it. The only resources I found on it was on a Godot QA question:

(Re-posting from this topic)

The answer from this Godot QA question has some links that may help you learn how to make a game with C++ in Godot.

There is also this page from the documentation on making custom modules in C++ If you want to add/extend the Godot engine itself.

As for the syntax, I do not really know. From what I remember, most of the functionality is exactly the same as it is in GDScript.

Unfortunately I do not really know of any other C++ resources than the ones I have added.
    Hopefully this helps :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file