Slime Justice - The first legit rhythm game I made

NoodleSushiNoodleSushi Posts: 8Member

Hey guys!

Just wanna share with you the first legit rhythm game I made called "Slime Justice". It as a game inspired by rhythm heaven where you as a judge declare the accused guilty or innocent to the beat in unlimited court cases. If you could rate my game, play it, or spot any bugs I would really appreciate it ^_^
Here's the video of the game in action

Tags :

Comments

• elkondoelkondo Posts: 13Member
    edited June 2018

Could you give a short explanation of how you did that? Did you just hardcode the time codes of expected hits, or does it generate them randomly every X miliseconds?

• NoodleSushiNoodleSushi Posts: 8Member

@elkondo said:
    Could you give a short explanation of how you did that? Did you just hardcode the time codes of expected hits, or does it generate them randomly every X miliseconds?

I just checked if the key is pressed in time between the two values depending on each state. I calculated the seconds per beat which is:
    func spb(): return 60/BPM
    Then multiplied the spb to the current audio time used modulus and stuff.
    Kind of hard for me to explain but I'm gonna post the source code in github soon.

• aztecsenseiaztecsensei Posts: 82Member

:D ,now this is pretty creative,well done.
    you have talent for this game dev things.

• elkondoelkondo Posts: 13Member

Yeah, I think I get it.
    I've been thinking about making something like this someday, though I guess it'd be nice to finish my other projects first.

• aleksaleks Posts: 1Member

Hey man! Your game looks great, the idea is unique and fun.
    How did you deal with the impossibility to set a precise tempo in Godot?
    I am doing a kind of simpler notation app for myself, and I just cannot solve the problem of timing being kept through delta which wobbles around and makes everything awful.
    How did you manage?

• NoodleSushiNoodleSushi Posts: 8Member
    edited November 2018

@aleks said:
    Hey man! Your game looks great, the idea is unique and fun.
    How did you deal with the impossibility to set a precise tempo in Godot?
    I am doing a kind of simpler notation app for myself, and I just cannot solve the problem of timing being kept through delta which wobbles around and makes everything awful.
    How did you manage?

Remember, we have to calculate the spb (seconds per beat) which is:
    spb = 60.0/BPM
    Then I initialized a variable called:
    timer = 0
    In the process/update I incremented timer by delta
    func physics_process(dt): timer += dt if (timer >= spb): timer -= spb #and do something that reacts to the beat
    which means the timer range would be 0 to spb.
    If you want the range to be 0 to 1 then you do this:
    timer0to1 = timer * spb

If you want it to be precise as possible, then I'd personally do something like this:
    func physics_process(dt): timer += dt var is_between = TIME < spb && TIME+dt> spb var is_over = TIME >= spb var negative_check = spb-TIME < (TIME+dt)-spb if (is_between && negative_check) || is_over: timer -= spb #and do something that reacts to the beat