The Chalet - adventure game

LOICLOIC Posts: 47Member
edited April 2018 in Projects

Hi, everybody!
I share on the Godot forum a game that I developed with this engine (version 2.1) for three and a half months alone alternating with my work, the first of a long series if everything goes well. Besides Godot, the game was entirely developed with free tools under Linux (Blender 3D, Krita, LMMS, audacity...).
Thanks for your feedback!

Synopsis

It's dark, the moon shadows of the trees dance behind the window and the planks of the chalet creak under your feet as you investigate... Where have the professor and his team gone? Why all the scary notes in the living room? And why so many mysteries!

Dare to confront the chalet and its ghosts in this game of adventure and reflection, trying to solve the riddles that prevent the progress of your investigation until you discover what is hidden in the depths of the chalet!

Features

• A mysterious and intriguing atmosphere, led by quality graphics and soundtrack.

• A scenario and characters elaborated.

• An advanced backup system, you never lose your progress!

• A solution included in the game and visible in one click to never get stuck.

• 7 chapters, explore the cottage from the basement to the attic!

• 10 mini games to solve.

• Game available in English and French

Discover now " The Chalet " on your phone or android tablet, or directly in your web browser, in full version for free!

Medias

Links

http://www.silentescapestudio.com/

Play Store :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.godotengine.thechalet

Tags :

Comments

• MegalomaniakMegalomaniak Posts: 3,003Admin

Looks great. Since this is a released project I added the corresponding tags. :)

• JohynJohyn Posts: 69Member

Yes, looks really great, so much that I'm wondering if there's a way to access its files, as I'm creating an aventure/rpg myself (See Onyris in projects), and thoses mechanics and scripts would help me a lot. :)

• LOICLOIC Posts: 47Member

@Megalomaniak said:
    Looks great. Since this is a released project I added the corresponding tags. :)

Thanks a lot, and thanks for the tag :)

@Johyn said:
    Yes, looks really great, so much that I'm wondering if there's a way to access its files, as I'm creating an aventure/rpg myself (See Onyris in projects), and thoses mechanics and scripts would help me a lot. :)

Thank you too! I'm gonna go see this more ready for your project.
    I like the idea of sharing the sources of my game, but I must admit I had a little trouble finishing it (the code is not super clean).
    That said it gives me a great idea, I now work on an engine of this kind to facilitate the production of my next games, or everything is modular (basically, if you want to use an interaction area it will sufira you to add a scene "interaction area" in your game screen and configure it (size, need such object, gives such object...). I'd love to share this version with the community!

• JohynJohyn Posts: 69Member

Hey, seems promisin! Let's wait.

• SchusterSchuster Posts: 369Member

Great LOIC!!!

• Shin-NiLShin-NiL Posts: 158Member
    edited April 2018

I love it, very nice game :)
    I don't know why but something makes me remind Lunacy

edited April 2018

@Schuster said:
    Great LOIC!!!

Thanks ! ;)

@Shin-NiL said:
    I love it, very nice game :)
    I don't know why but something makes me remind Lunacy

Thank you very much;)
    I didn't know Lunacy I was looking at a little let'splay of the game (I love the Saturn !!), it looks great is very inspiring! Thanks for this discovery ;)

The Soundtrack of the game is now on youtube ;)