Rapid Drum

Grabli66Grabli66 Posts: 3Member

Hi!

I am making drum machine application on godot 3.0.
Now, it can do a little:

• Editor for drum pads
  • Four tracks
  • Rock drum kit
  • Tempo from 60 to 160 BPM
  • Open/save presets
  • No ads :)

In plans to do:

• Song editor with instruments(drums, bass)
  • Service for downloading drum kits
  • Service for downloading songs
  • FX like reverb or delay

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.godotengine.rapiddrum&hl=en

Tags :

Comments

• _807__807_ Posts: 59Member
    edited December 2017

I´m glad to see music aplications in Godot, congrats!!!, I instaled your drum machine and test. In my phone there is not good timming acuracy (probably there is something in _process that should be in _fixed_process or _physics_process), and changes in editor only are effective stoping sequence and re-playing. Changing tempo works well.

One recomendation: put advertisements in the app, because Google ignores app´s that doesn´t generate money and hide that to the users (I´m thinking is some color palettes apps that are great but doesn´t have publicity and are not listed). Is like steam, free app´s without publicity are pushed to the end of the well. Godot is the example, is hidded in the sewer of steam.

• NeoDNeoD Posts: 155Member

put advertisements in the app, because Google ignores app´s that doesn´t generate money and hide that to the users

Thanks for the tip ! I hope the dev will try to fix the accuracy issue first.

probably there is something in _process that should be in _fixed_process or _physics_process

You mean fixed process could be useful in a music game ?

• Grabli66Grabli66 Posts: 3Member

Thanks, for your comments.

1. What do you mean "there is not good timming acuracy"? Do you hear latency of sound playing?
      I don't use _fixed_process or _physics_process. I am using Timer for playing sound, may be it's the problem.

2. Right now changes in editor applies only when sound is not playing. It's on my list of issue. I'll fix it soon.

3. I don't planned to add advertisement in the app, cause ads are annoying. Maybe you are right, and it's need to add. But hide ads somewhere, or show only about ten minutes of app using.
      And i want to add in app purchase, but only when i'll create more functionality, like service for downloading drum kits.

PS:
    If you want and have enough time, you can add issues. Project is on github.
    https://github.com/RapidFingers/RapidDrum
    But it's a secret :)

• Grabli66Grabli66 Posts: 3Member

Update to version 1.1:

• Master volume
    • Better tempo edit control
    • New add and subtract buttons :)