Having Trouble Compiling a Module into a dll

boagz57boagz57 Posts: 1Member

After cloning the master branch of godot yesterday (9/30/17) and building the engine for windows I tried going through the module tutorial. I was able to statically build and use the 'sumator' module (as in the tuorial) without problems, however, when trying to build a dll version of the module through VS2015, I get these error messages:

Severity    Code    Description Project File    Line    Suppression State
Error   LNK1181 cannot open input file 'sumator.windows.tools.32.windows.tools.32.lib'  godot   F:\godot\LINK   1   

Severity    Code    Description Project File    Line    Suppression State
Error   MSB3073 The command "echo Starting SCons && cmd /V /C set "plat=x86" ^& (if "x86"=="x64" (set "plat=x86_amd64")) ^& set "tools=yes" ^& (if "debug"=="release" (set "tools=no")) ^& call "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat" !plat! ^& scons platform=windows target=debug tools=!tools! -j1" exited with code 2. godot   C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets   41  

The only file that changed between my successful build of static module and this one was the SCsub file which was setup like the tutorial:

Import('env')

sources = [
    "register_types.cpp",
    "sumator.cpp"
]

module_env = env.Clone()
module_env.Append(CXXFLAGS='-fPIC')  # Needed to compile shared library
module_env['LIBS'] = []

shared_lib = module_env.SharedLibrary(target='#bin/sumator', source=sources)

shared_lib_shim = shared_lib[0].name.rsplit('.', 1)[0]
env.Append(LIBS=[shared_lib_shim])
env.Append(LIBPATH=['#bin'])

I know some of the tutorials are becoming dated with version 3.0, so is there something wrong with the file above or is there something else I need to do to get a .dll to show up in the bin folder?